To produce the annual Come Out With Pride event, which serves as Central Florida’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) pride event and encourages the LGBT citizens and their allies of Central Florida and beyond to celebrate pride in themselves, their community, and their shared cultural history.
The guiding principlesof COWP are as follows:
- To produce an annual pride event that fosters a sense of community, encourages LGBT citizens to live openly and with pride, and educates the general public of our shared cultural heritage.
- To encourage fellowship and support among participating businesses, professionals, individuals, and charitable pursuits in the LGBT and allied communities.
- To oppose prejudice in society at large and within the LGBT and allied communities on
- To foster communication, tolerance, and mutual support among LGBT persons and the allied communities.
- To provide positive role models in the LGBT and allied communities.
- To provide financial support to other LGBT-oriented non-profit organizations in the local area through the making of grants made possible by the proceeds from each year’s event.